Thursday 29 December 2022

Play Report - Slime Baroness (Session Four, Final Session)

Many months ago I played my final session in my dungeon 'Slime Baroness and the Lady of Unterbranch Keep'. See my page here with the other play reports and the full series where I describe my process for writing this dungeon. This final report is long-delayed and much truncated, but I won't apologize. 

Extremely Brief Session Summary

  • We started in town with a visit from the Baron himself (Baron Martingy) who promised them a new lordship over the Keep if they cleared out all the monsters. 
  • I made three members of the Baron's retinue available as hirelings and they chose the priestess Bev Beetleman who had a healing prayer ability. 
  • I mostly forget what happened but they blasted straight down to the final rooms where they busted through the False Tomb into the Sorcerer's Capsule room.
  • They fought Lady Unterbranch and defeated her, winning the favour of the Slime Baroness. 

This was another fun, satisfying session. This particular group has been a bit sporadic and we wanted to play something else, so we made an effort to finish off this dungeon during this fourth session. I had lots of fun refereeing it, and I believe the ending was satisfying. However, they left a large part of the dungeon unexplored.

I think maybe I made this dungeon a bit too large. I'm still trying to find that sweet spot for a dungeon that can be fully (or mostly) cleared in just 2-3 sessions. This dungeon has about 60 rooms and they probably only visited half of them. 

Maybe next time I'll go for 30 rooms and see what happens. 







No comments:

Post a Comment